Learning and Teaching Grants at UTAS
The Tasmanian Institute of Learning and Teaching offers support for UTAS Teaching Development Grants and National Grants, which are administered by the Office for Learning & Teaching (OLT).
PPLP for Grants
The Peer Professional Learning Program for Grants (PPLP for Grants) is a new, online resource from the Tasmanian Institute of Learning and Teaching.
Specifically, PPLP for Grants seeks to:
- assist staff to develop learning and teaching project ideas in line with national and institutional strategic priorities;
- support staff to better understand grant program guidelines;
- builds the capacity of staff to write and peer review learning and teaching grants; and
- draws on the experiences of previous grant winners and TILT support staff to enhance institutional understanding of learning and teaching projects and the grant writing process.
Currently, the online PPLP for Grants resource is targeted towards individuals who are developing and writing a nationally competitive learning and teaching grant proposal, for submission under the Office for Learning and Teaching Grants and Projects Program. An equivalent resource developed around the UTAS Teaching Development Grant program will be made available in 2015.
In a two staged process, the PPLP for Grants online resource called – Getting Ready, Getting Writing – will assist staff to:
- critically review project ideas and determine whether or not proposals are likely to be funded;
- determine the point at which they will be ready to commence writing proposals; and
- frame their proposal and structure their writing in an effective way.
Getting Ready, Getting Writing is split into two information sections and one template.
- Section 1: Getting Ready will assist staff to check that their learning and teaching project ideas are sufficiently and appropriately researched and framed to be suitable for a national grant.
- Section 2: Getting Writing will lead staff through a framework appropriate for the writing stage of the proposal.
- Section 3: The Template provides a formatted document with headings that staff can use to write (and submit) their proposals. Please note this template is NOT an official template for the OLT but a proposed structure based on our collective experience in writing successful OLT grants.
To be enrolled in the PPLP for Grants Program, and to access Getting Ready, Getting Writing, please contact email@example.com