What is an ePortfolio?
An ePortfolio is a purposeful presentation of digital artefacts which is aimed at a selected audience. An ePortfolio may be used as evidence of learning, ideas, experiences, achievements and reflections.
Thus, an ePortfolio :
- is an electronic presentation;
- tells a story to a selected audience;
- draws upon a collection of electronically stored artefacts; and
- is developed over a period of time.
There are many tools that can be used to create an ePortfolio . The tool that we are using at the University of Tasmania is part of the new MyLO. It can be accessed by logging in to the new MyLO at this web address http://www.utas.edu.au/learning-teaching-online/new-mylo/home
New MyLO ePortfolio accounts
New MyLO includes an ePortfolio and this will become the supported software for students and staff from January 2013. The new MyLO ePortfolio is already available to staff and students who have an active UTAS username and password.
For information on setting up a new MyLO ePortfolio see:
- The Tasmanian Institute of Learning and Teaching (TILT) conducts ePortfolio workshops throughout the year. All are welcome to participate
- Visit the workshops and events conducted by TILT for more information on dates and times
- Additionally, please feel free to discuss your needs with a TILT staff member
Who to contact at UTAS
Want to know more or to discuss your needs with a TILT staff member?
Please direct any enquiries to TILT at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone
- Hobart +61 3 6226-725
Need Technical Help?
Please contact ITR on xtn 1818 or email Service.Desk@utas.edu.au for assistance with technical matters.
- PebblePad at Thanet College, Kent (Download .wmv)
- Student PebblePad webfolio - Matt Dyson runner up 2009 best webfolio competition
- PebblePad in Practice - short videos of PebblePad use
- ePortfolio Concepts for Academic Staff (from Australian ePortfolio Project)
- ePortfolio Concepts for Learners (from Australian ePortfolio Project)
- Effective Practice with ePortfolios - JISC
- PebblePad not just an ePortfolio
- PebblePad Supporting Learning & Development:
- Learning, Teaching & Assessment
- Personal Development Planning
- Continuous Professional Development
- Profiles & Proformas
- PebblePad Help - videos and online help