The proforma documents linked below illustrate one way for the unit coordinator/school to inform students about what to expect from their units of study. This is an obligation under the Code of Conduct for Teaching and Learning (PDF).
We have also made available additional information that will assist you in using the proforma — some of this information can be accessed via hyperlinks within the proforma; alternatively, you can select an item from the list below.
- How to Write Learning Outcomes - an Introduction (Word)
- Writing your generic attribute statements
- Assessment for learning
Information sections mandated as essential elements in a Unit outline (under the Code of Conduct, Policy on Assessment Practice and Rule No 74) are indicated with an asterisk on the Unit outline proforma.
The proforma comes in two forms:
- Unit outline proforma with text boxes [updated February, 2014]. The text boxes provide guidelines on how to fill out particular sections of the unit outline. They can be deleted progressively as the sections are completed.
- Unit outline proforma [updated February 2014] Use this if you wish to work on a blank proforma. You may find it useful to use the text box version as a desktop or print-out guide only.
Saving the proforma
Before you can use the proformas, you will need to save the proforma you intend to edit to your hard drive or local server:
- Click the link above to download the chosen proforma, then open the file and go to the File menu and select Save As.
- Choose the location you wish to save the file to and click on the Save button.
You can then start editing the document with your unit details.